- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Registration, account, and sign-up information. We may collect Information in the course of your use of, or registration with, our Sites. For example, when you create an account, register for or download an app, or sign-up for a product or service, you may provide us with certain personal information. This type of personal information may include name, phone number, postal address, fax number, email address, or certain payment information (e.g., credit card and billing information). We may also collect Information about your interest in and use of various products, programs, services, and content available on or through our Sites.
- Other information you provide. When you interact with our Sites, you may share other information about yourself by, for example, publishing and sharing the information with the Site’s website or in the Site’s community, creating a profile, or filling out a survey or application. Sometimes you may also choose to provide more sensitive forms of personal information to us, such as information regarding your physical or mental health, biometric data, race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, or trade union membership. For example, we may collect this type of sensitive information if you participate in surveys, focus groups, or opportunities to test new products, programs, or services. We collect this sensitive information with your consent, if required by law, and we take steps to protect and limit any use of it to the purposes for which it is provided.
- Information from others; inviting friends. On some of our Sites, we may collect Information other people submit about you. For example, a friend might submit Information to invite you to participate in an offering, make recommendations, or share content. By processing these requests, we may receive your Information, including a recipient’s name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or information about your interest in and use of various products, programs, services, and content. Some of our Sites also allow users to invite friends to participate in activities by providing their friends’ contact details or importing contacts from your address book or from other sites.
- Location information. We may have access to certain Information about your location, such as your country or address, when you provide it either directly or via device information. If you access our Sites on your mobile device, we may collect Information about your device’s precise location. We also may derive a general location from device information (such as an IP address).
- Information you provide through camera access. For some Sites, we will ask for permission to access your device’s camera. If you grant permission, you may be able to take pictures or video within the app experience or to access certain augmented reality (“AR”) features. Some of these features may rely on camera systems to track movements of your eyes and other facial features or your immediate surroundings to apply AR effects. Information gathered from some facial scanning technology (e.g. TrueDepth API), is only used to make these services and features available to you and is only persistent on the device during use of the AR features. Other facial scanning technology may be used for research, analytics, and enhancing consumer experiences.
- Video and streaming information. For some Sites, we collect information about the films, TV shows, and videos that you view. For example, if you stream video content using our Sites, we may collect information about your interaction with that content or service, such as the title and genre, watchlists you compile, and searches you conduct, duration and number of streams and downloads and system information related to streaming and download quality.
- Technical and usage information. We also collect certain technical and usage information when you use our Sites, such as the type of device, browser, and operating system you are using, your Internet service provider or mobile carrier, unique device identifier, IDFA or IDFV, MAC address, IP address, device and browser settings, the webpages and apps you use, advertisements you see and interact with, and certain Site usage information. See our Cookies and Other Technical Information section for more information on how we may use these technologies to collect this Information.
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
We use Information for the purposes described in this policy or disclosed at the time of collection or with your consent.
- Providing and marketing products and services. We may use the Information we collect about you through our Sites to fulfill your requests for, and otherwise provide or analyze your use of our products, programs, services and content, to facilitate sharing and other interactions with Social Media Sites, and to provide, develop, maintain, personalize, protect, and improve your experience and our offerings. For example, we use Information we collect to enable you to do things like (i) watch trailers, movies, programs, and video clips, (ii) get entertainment news and updates, (iii) get information about our products, programs, services, and content, (iv) locate and access personalized information or functionality based on your interests or location (e.g., find stores, theaters, or show times), (v) buy digital content, movie tickets, or other purchases (vi) play games, (vii) engage with interactive features, activities, and Social Media Sites, (viii) read and post comments, content, and reviews, (ix) fill out surveys or provide feedback, or (x) enter promotions, contests, and sweepstakes. We may also use Information to offer, market, and advertise products, programs, and services from us and our affiliates, business partners, and select third parties that we believe may be of interest to you.
- Communicating with you and others. We may use Information about you to communicate with you, such as (i) to notify you when you win one of our contests or sweepstakes or when we make changes to our policies or user agreements, (ii) to respond to your inquiries and provide you with customer service, (iii) to communicate with you about your purchases or transactions, (iv) to contact you about your account, or (v) to send you information about promotions, offerings, and Site features. You may also choose to receive push notifications from us on your mobile device. If you choose to submit content for publication online or in other forums, we may publish your screen name or username and other Information you have provided to us on our Sites, the Internet, or elsewhere. We use Information that you provide about others to enable us to send them invitations, promotions, or other content on your behalf or through our Sites. From time to time, we also may use this Information to offer, market, or advertise products, programs, or services to them from us and our affiliates, and business partners.
- Use of technical and usage information. We may use technical and usage information to improve the design, functionality and content of our Sites and to enable us to personalize your experience with our Sites and offerings. For example, we may use this Information (i) to provide, develop, maintain, personalize, protect, and improve our Sites, products, programs, and services and to operate our business, (ii) to perform analytics, including to analyze and report on usage and performance of our Sites, (iii) to protect against, identify, and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, (iv) to create aggregate data about groups or categories of our users, and (iv) for us and our affiliates, business partners, and select third parties to target, offer, market, or advertise products, programs, or services.
- INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We may share and disclose Information in the following ways or for any other purpose disclosed at the time of collection:
- With your consent. We may disclose Information when you provide us with your consent to do so.
- Change of control. We may transfer Information in the event of a business transaction, such as if we or one of our business units or our relevant assets are acquired by, sold to, or merged with another company or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding or a business reorganization.
- Service providers. Organizations that perform services for us may have access to Information to help carry out the services they are performing for us, such as, but not limited to, creation, maintenance, hosting, and delivery of our Sites, products, and services, conduct marketing, handle payments, email and order fulfillment, administer contests, conduct research and analytics, or customer service.